|J.D., 1974, cum laude, California Western School of Law|
|B.A., 1971, University of California, Los Angeles|
California Super Lawyers
Certified Specialist, Taxation Law, California State Bar Board of Legal Specialization
Executive Editor, California Western Law Review
Fellow, American College of Tax Counsel
Worth Magazine Top 100 Attorneys
|Santa Barbara County Bar Association|
George's extensive experience in corporate, business and tax law, combined with his in-house experience as a business executive and general counsel, make him uniquely qualified to serve both as a hands on transactional attorney and as a trusted advisor for privately-owned companies, high net worth individuals and family offices. During his more than 30 year career, George has:
- Advised on the formation, financing, operation and disposition of many businesses, serving as outside general counsel to the businesses and their owners.
- Structured and negotiated significant investments in private equity and hedge funds, real estate, and start-up, middle stage and late stage businesses.
- Designed and implemented creative business and tax planning strategies, integrating the needs of the business and the personal goals of the business owners with maximum tax efficiency.
- Established and served as a key advisor to a family office that manages the wealth, business interests and personal needs of a large and ultra high net worth family.
- Applied his understanding of interpersonal dynamics to negotiate delicate family-based legal and financial problems.
- Served in-house as an executive and as general counsel to a private equity real estate investment firm with a wide range of responsibilities from tax and legal matters to investor relations.
George is a left brain/right brain transactional tax lawyer who can make difficult legal and financial concepts easy to understand and who employs common sense and practical judgment in addition to legal analysis when serving as his clients’ trusted legal advisor.
While his practice encompasses many industries, George has unique expertise handling tax, business and personal legal matters affecting entertainment industry transactions, including many personal planning engagements that involve the disposition and management of intellectual property (including copyrights, publishing catalogs and celebrity goodwill).
George fully embraces the Brownstein culture of giving back to his community, serving both formally as a director and officer and informally as an advisor to many nonprofit organizations.
© 2014. Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP. All Rights Reserved. Attorney Advertisement.