Bringing together knowledge, versatility, capability and quality
Our Public Finance Group offers clients a multi-faceted finance practice covering capital markets transactions for state and local governments and governmental authorities. We specialize in municipal bond transactions that involve complex public financings. Regionally focused but nationwide in scope, our team brings a diverse skill set to a wide spectrum of projects, including general governmental borrowing, airports, metropolitan districts and special districts, public improvement districts, multifamily residential rental housing, non-power utilities, public power generation and transmission facilities, hospitals and health care facilities, roads and highways, recreational facilities, sports stadiums, industrial development projects, and resource recovery facilities. We are accustomed to dealing with a variety of state and local agencies, as well as telecommunications and energy companies.
We offer all participants in municipal bond transactions a highly specialized suite of services that covers tax-supported debt structures, enterprise and revenue financings, bond letters of credit and other credit enhancement, troubled transaction work-outs, structured financing techniques and derivative products.
The Brownstein Advantage
- Small-firm attention with big-firm capabilities. We offer clients the attention and depth of experience typically found in a boutique firm, supported by the infrastructure and multi-disciplinary capabilities of a large national law firm.
- Diverse experience. We bring a range of relevant experiences to your complex public financing needs. Members of our team have acted as bond counsel for issuers (including the most significant bond issues in New Mexico and Colorado), underwriters and issuers, bond insurers, letters of credit banks, nonprofit corporations, bond investors, trustees, and low-income housing tax credit investors.
- Integration with Government Relations. In major public finance transactions, a strong relationship with federal, state and local agencies is essential. We have a well-established reputation with state and local governments in the Rocky Mountain West. By teaming with our highly respected Government Relations Group, we can get the job done quickly, efficiently and on good terms with all involved parties.
- Collaboration with other firm resources. Beyond the Government Relations Group, Brownstein boasts a wealth of other resources that are critical to public finance transactions. We regularly work with our Telecommunications and Energy groups, as well as members of our Corporate & Business Department, to offer all the relevant services you’ll ever need for a complex, public-financed transaction.
- Complex deal understanding. We specialize in innovative solutions to highly intricate public financing needs. Our depth of knowledge is unparalleled with regard to complex financing structures, government relations and forward-thinking transactional law.
© 2013. Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP. All Rights Reserved. Attorney Advertisement.