Facilitating transactions through comprehensive tax and business planning
No corporate deal can go forward without tax planning. Our highly-experienced, technically adept Tax Group advises clients on the full breadth of business and transactional tax issues. Working with clients ranging from large corporations to individual investors, the Tax Group counsels on mergers and acquisitions, company spin-offs, asset acquisitions, choice of entity and state and local tax concerns. The group’s real estate-related tax experience is extensive, with attorneys regularly assisting clients on limited liability, company structures, partnerships, like-kind exchanges, capital gain maximization and low-income housing tax credits. Our real estate work also involves large-scale development projects, REITs, acquisitions and dispositions and a wide spectrum of work with hotels, resorts and casinos and other members of the hospitality industry.
With an approach that focuses on each client’s business goals, Brownstein tax law attorneys partner with other Corporate & Business Department members to offer full-service business representation. We team with our Litigation Group to defend clients in front of the IRS, and we use resources from the Employment and ERISA Groups to provide tax counsel on qualified plans and employee benefits and compensation. The Tax Group frequently assists technology, internet and telecommunications companies. We are very familiar with private equity transactions, corporate finance matters and incentive compensation arrangements.
The Brownstein Advantage
- Value-added tax structures. We focus on tax-friendly structures that minimize your tax exposure while also serving your ongoing business objectives.
- Team-based approach. Tax law does not exist in a vacuum. We routinely collaborate with our Corporate & Business Department and Real Estate Group to offer the most comprehensive service possible. By bringing together varying specialties and viewpoints, we expedite transactional processes.
- Business acumen. In addition to our authoritative knowledge of tax law, we understand how tax affects the structure of business transactions. We apply tax law in ways that maximize business alternatives and agility.
- Diverse backgrounds. Many members of our Tax Group carry additional advanced academic degrees in specialized tax disciplines, as well as backgrounds in accounting, finance and business, including experience in the national office of the IRS and with state and local revenue agencies.
- Experience with the IRS. We have a great deal of experience representing clients before the IRS. For you, that means having the advantage of our intimate knowledge of IRS procedure in administrative proceedings. It also means that we take into account the perspective of the IRS in structuring transactions, thereby minimizing your overall tax exposure.
© 2013. Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP. All Rights Reserved. Attorney Advertisement.