Collaborative partnerships for an ever-changing market
Our Private Equity Group represents many of the leading private equity funds in the country in fund formation, platform acquisitions and follow-on acquisitions and divestitures. Comprised of a large group of multi-disciplinary lawyers, this national practice provides a wide range of services related to the organization and management of funds. The scope of the practice includes general corporate work, partnership and partnership tax, mergers and acquisitions, and financing law. We also offer industry expertise in areas as diverse as gaming and natural resources. Our group contains specialists in both lender and borrower counsel, as well as highly experienced acquisitions, divestitures, structuring, tax, real estate and employment lawyers. In addition to buyout funds, our clients include hedge funds and venture capital funds.
The Brownstein Advantage
- Large-scale deal experience. Senior shareholders within the Private Equity Group bring a wealth of experience working on some of the nation’s largest deals. Members of the group come from diverse backgrounds, including large national firms, in-house counsel for investment funds and executive level business positions for the same types of clients we serve every day.
- Up-to-the-minute awareness. You simply cannot offer effective service in a private equity transaction unless you are constantly involved in the deal market. Brownstein’s Private Equity Group is immersed in the market. We live it every day, allowing us to better navigate—and shape—the ever-changing landscape.
- Collaboration with other firm resources. Private equity transactions demand the integration of diverse practice areas. Working with the full suite of Brownstein practice groups, we go beyond the particulars of your deal to help with strategic planning for tax issues, employee benefits and compensation, employment law, litigation, antitrust, intellectual property, vendor contracts, management concerns, real estate and any other elements that are critical to your success.
- Senior level access. Brownstein puts senior-level people on senior-level issues. As a client, you get access to top-tier talent whenever you need it. Our success is not built on a traditional law firm leverage model, where you’ll be pushed off to a junior associate at critical times during your deal. We provide you with our best available resources—always.
- Well-rounded perspective. With both lender and borrower counsel in the group, we bring experience on both sides of the structured debt fence. This allows us to anticipate negotiation approaches by other entities and to offer a broader perspective to our clients.
© 2013. Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP. All Rights Reserved. Attorney Advertisement.