Driving policy, impacting funding for education
With increased federal investment in K-12 and post-secondary education, the education community has many opportunities and unique challenges. From policy development, to the authorization and appropriations process, to funding, look no further than Brownstein. Our Education Group offers extensive experience representing and advocating for public and private educational entities. Our years of experience working as and with policymakers puts us in a position to create and implement successful legislative strategies and to secure funding for education clients.
With an Administration working more aggressively to direct education funding, Brownstein works as an advocate on behalf of our clients to ensure their policy initiatives, concerns, projects and issues get the necessary attention, find and win federal support. Members of our Education Group have extensive experience with the Elementary and Secondary Education Act, the Higher Education Act, the Head Start program, and the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act.
Our expertise is broad, covering a wide range of educational organizations in both traditional early and secondary education as well as in the growing areas of online learning and non-traditional higher education programs. Our clients include a flagship state university system, a private college, higher education financial aid entities, a virtual charter school, extended learning programs and education-related nonprofits. We have a particular focus on introducing innovative education programs to policymakers in the areas of early childhood development, special education and disabilities programs, STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) and on-line learning.
The Brownstein Advantage
We are involved in the many facets of education policy and funding, and provide our clients with:
- consultation on and creation of successful legislative strategies and priorities
- an understanding of the various funding mechanisms available, including the appropriations process, timeline and language
- legislative advocacy
- guidance on education policy agendas
Group members' experience includes:
- A former Member of Congress
- Significant prior experience with a large Washington, DC, government relations firm securing federal appropriations for universities, colleges, hospitals and other non-profit organizations
- A former Leadership staffer who was key in developing and driving the education agenda of the House Democratic Caucus, and the authorization of No Child Left Behind and the Higher Education Act
© 2013. Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP. All Rights Reserved. Attorney Advertisement.