Managing financial issues in Congress for leading companies
The reach of the Senate Banking and the House Financial Services Committees extends to almost every aspect of business today. With an experienced team of attorneys and policy advisors, our Financial Services Group represents a broad array of clients with diverse interests before these two bodies. Whether dealing with matters related to private equity, hedge funds, broader commercial banking interests, insurance, CFIUS filings, transactional transparency, regulation, wire remittance, gaming or even the technologies used by the industry to safe guard its systems, the Brownstein Financial Services Group has experience managing all types of financial issues in Congress for leading companies around the globe.
The scope of our work in this field is broad. In addition to representing financial services clients before Congress, we have lobbied the Executive Branch and relevant financial services regulatory agencies. We have also helped clients establish related trade associations and assisted them with developing materials for media campaigns. We collaborate with our Corporate & Business colleagues to provide counsel and advice on mergers & acquisitions and other business combinations, institutional investment, securitization and other lending transactions, as well as general government enforcement matters. Members of our Financial Services and Litigation groups also assist clients subject to Congressional investigation.
We have helped several financial services companies execute regulatory and legislative strategies in Washington, DC and at the state and local levels, including the Private Equity Council, Apollo Management, Merrill Lynch, Bay Harbour Management, Western Union, Genworth Financial, and Uhlmann Financial Group.
The Brownstein Advantage
Group members' experience includes:
- Chief Advisor to U.S. Senator Charles E. Schumer on the Senate Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs and Staff Director of the Senate Subcommittee on Housing, Transportation and Community Development
- Assistant Secretary of Legislative Affairs at the U.S. Department of the Treasury
- Principal Associate Deputy Attorney General for the Department of Justice and Assistant Attorney General of the Office of Legislative Affairs
- Senior Policy Advisor to House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer
- U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee Staff Director
- Professional staff member of the U.S. Senate Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs Committee
- Staff Economist at the Joint Economic Committee
© 2013. Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP. All Rights Reserved. Attorney Advertisement.