Personal connections with professional service
With over 36 years experience, and named one of The Best Lawyers in America for 12 straight years, Mark Leonard chairs the Family Law Group. He handles cases involving divorce, pre-and-post marital agreements, sophisticated property settlements, negotiated settlements and permanent order trials. Mr. Leonard also serves as a mediator, settlement master and arbitrator in divorce matters. He is very adept at dealing with high-profile divorces, sensitive personal issues and complex financial asset matters.
The Brownstein Advantage
- Collaboration with other firm resources. Unique to a firm of the size and stature of Brownstein, our Family Law practice has marked advantages over competitors because it can draw from a wealth of firm resources, particularly in the areas of real estate, stock holdings, business organization, taxation, retirement and employee benefits.
- Accumulated knowledge of law, courts and opposing counsel. With such extensive experience in the field, we have accumulated a vast amount of knowledge about divorce law, court processes and the tendencies of opposing counsel.
- Constant and timely communication. We prioritize personal service through constant and timely communication. If you have a question about your case, we do our best to find the answer. Whether it’s good news or bad news, we keep you in the loop so you are not left feeling uniformed, vulnerable or unprepared.
- Strategic pursuit of final objectives. In many cases, a trial is not the best answer. Our team is adept at negotiating settlements before all the parties are dragged through the long and painful court process. However, we never jeopardize a client’s position to avoid a trial in case it is necessary.
- Litigation experience. Mr. Leonard has personally been through hundreds of divorce trials and handled thousands of cases. You will be hard pressed to find a more capable, experienced litigator in this area.
- Sensitivity to the personal side. Family law is not all business. We strive to make personal connections with our clients so that we can better understand their needs.
- Big-deal experience. We have handled billions of dollars worth of assets. Large-scale divorce cases are nothing new to us, and we are used to negotiating when the stakes are very high.
© 2013. Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP. All Rights Reserved. Attorney Advertisement.