Intellectual Property & Technology
Strategic partners in today’s knowledge economy
Our Intellectual Property & Technology Group employs a forward-looking, strategic approach to the management of your intellectual property resources. We handle trademarks, patents, copyrights, counseling and submission, technology issues and intellectual property as it applies to corporate transactions. Relying on a broad spectrum of experience, we help clients realize the full value of their intellectual property rights through licensing agreements, joint ventures and development strategies.
IP assets are increasingly the subject of adversarial proceedings that become "bet your company" cases. Our IP attorneys work closely with our litigation attorneys to position and try cases successfully on behalf of our clients.
We work closely with our clients to define boundaries for intellectual capital in an era of increasing technological capability and legal complexity. Our team provides comprehensive assistance with any issue associated with the acquisition, enforcement and exploitation of intellectual property.
The Brownstein Advantage
- Understanding of IP’s true value. Today’s knowledge economy makes intellectual property assets—patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, data and business methods—prime currency. We work to help you effectively manage these assets in ways that directly affect your bottom line.
- Litigation proficiency. We are well accustomed to litigating cases on behalf of our clients. We regularly team with our Litigation Group to represent clients in a range of intellectual property disputes. We also support the Business & Corporate Advisory, Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity groups in due diligence and document preparation in the many merger and acquisition deals that have an intellectual property element.
- Broad-based approach to IP assets. We consider the full complement of possibilities for intellectual property. This helps our clients identify additional opportunities with regard to intellectual property and extend protection over a broader range of assets.
- Technical and engineering experience. Understanding the technical aspects of a client’s process or product is critical to providing good service. Our group includes many attorneys who understand technical engineering and science issues.
- Refined drafting skills. You can’t underestimate the importance of good patent and trademark drafting. Our group approaches drafting with an eye toward our clients’ business goals. We think strategically and focus on the purpose of the asset, how it will be used and how it will evolve.
© 2013. Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP. All Rights Reserved. Attorney Advertisement.