Real Estate & Construction
Building partnerships and developing success
Our Real Estate & Construction Group provides a range of tailored services in contract formation, contract claims preparation and adjudication, and dispute resolution, including litigation. Clients include developers, lenders, commercial construction companies, design firms, engineering firms and federal, state and local agencies. The group’s attorneys bring a broad range of experience in large public works projects throughout the western states, and are active in state- and federal-financed transportation and airport development projects, as well as in highly regulated private projects, large undertakings of mixed public-private funding and large government projects. Our attorneys also advise owners, developers, lenders, engineers and contractors on a range of private commercial development projects. We regularly deal with significant real estate ventures, such as construction of new hotels, casinos and resorts in the hospitality and gaming industries. The group also works with land use concerns and serves as regulatory counsel on the federal, state and local levels.
The Brownstein Advantage
- Sophisticated risk avoidance. Our group includes several talented, highly experienced litigators, but we work to avoid disputes whenever possible. We leverage our civic and business relationships to prevent or resolve litigation in ways that save our clients money—and boost their relations within the communities they serve. Our goal is to help the client avoid risk so projects can progress on time and on budget.
For example, during the 12-year construction path of Denver’s E-470 highway, our client, the design-build contractor, confronted many significant legal disputes. However, our risk avoidance counseling led the client to resolution of all project disputes without a single litigated outcome. This is our firm's continuing commitment: project risk management which assures sustained development progress.
- Cogent litigation services. We have well-seasoned litigation teams to represent you where necessary. Our group includes attorneys with specialties in construction dispute resolution, contract resolution, insurance recovery, and other related areas.
- Large-scale development experience. We have worked on the biggest public works projects in the Western United States, including the massive T-REX highway and light rail project in Denver. Our experience in large-scale projects gives us broad perspective for and experience in a range of real estate, engineering and construction issues.
- Private and public experience. We work with both private companies and public entities, and so are knowledgeable in the full range of development-related public policy issues, transportation matters and public/private land concerns. Attorneys in our group are and have been involved with public agencies and task forces at the highest levels of state and federal government; and we are accustomed to the complicated interactions between developers and government agencies.
- Collaboration with our robust Real Estate Group. Brownstein has a recognized proficiency in all aspects of real estate development. As we work with our colleagues in the firm’s Real Estate Group, we provide a full-featured suite of services for any development client, on any deal of any size.
- Integration with our powerful Government Relations Practice. Politics are often intertwined with public works projects. Our firm has a nationally respected and highly effective Government Relations Group that is uniquely positioned to advocate on your behalf at state and federal levels.
- Prioritization of client interests. Ultimately, our goal is to position you for the best outcome for your business or organization. As such, we take the time to understand your needs, challenges and goals. Our solutions prioritize your ultimate interests and focus on achieving your long-term objectives.
© 2013. Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP. All Rights Reserved. Attorney Advertisement.