Combining litigation and government relations for complete representation
Our White Collar Group defends companies, their officers and their employees from charges related to business crimes, accounting scandals, securities fraud, bank fraud and various other corporate criminal proceedings. The White Collar Group offers a practiced proficiency dealing with issues related to the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, including all associated investigations and enforcement actions. Our team of former federal prosecutors are experienced representing clients in criminal and civil investigations before Congress, the U.S. Department of Justice, the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Federal Trade Commission (including merger proceedings), federal Inspector Generals and state Attorneys General offices.
The White Collar Group also helps clients avoid malfeasance by consulting on issues related to health care and securities regulation, antitrust, corporate accounting, taxation, environmental compliance and both domestic and foreign government procurement. In combination with our Congressional Oversight & Investigations Group, we provide a comprehensive, strategic approach to representation, including public and government affairs counsel that emphasizes conflict avoidance and pre-trial resolutions.
The Brownstein Advantage
- Government experience. Many of our group’s senior members have held government positions with federal enforcement agencies. We understand the other side of the coin when it comes to high-profile, high-stakes investigations, and we are familiar with the processes involved with criminal and civil actions.
- Conflict-avoidance approach. The best way to keep our clients out of trouble is to keep them in compliance. So, we offer a comprehensive compliance consulting service to make sure you stay in the good graces of the government and the people alike.
- Skilled crisis management. White collar crime cases are nothing if not major crises. Members of our team have extensive experience in large-scale crisis management and can quickly assess a situation, provide options and execute the chosen solution.
- Comprehensive understanding of enforcement processes. Because of our extensive government experience, we understand how government agencies and committees work. We know where the processes lead and how to develop preemptive strategies. This includes working with the regulatory, investigatory and prosecutorial processes to arrange the best possible results for our clients.
- Coordination with other firm resources. To offer the full spectrum of federal service, we regularly collaborate with our attorneys in the Corporate & Business, Government Relations and Litigation groups. If you are under investigation or indictment, or facing regulatory action, we have the full arsenal of resources to handle all the elements of your case.
© 2013. Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP. All Rights Reserved. Attorney Advertisement.