Leveraging a full-featured real estate practice for success in REIT ventures
Our Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) Practice handles a range of transactional, organizational and business counsel for some of the nation’s largest REITs. Our clients include both well-established and startup REITs with properties in nearly every state in the nation. We help these organizations standardize their processes across the full scope of their legal processes, including their dealings with other law firms. This work includes standardization of acquisition and disposition agreements, lease forms, coordination of local counsels, easement agreements, and addressing of operational issues such as management agreements and vendor contracts.
Leveraging the knowledge and experience of our entire Real Estate Practice, the REIT Group has helped REIT clients acquire and dispose of more than a billion dollars in assets. We perform due diligence on new purchases and clear issues for smooth dispositions. We also form a general corporate partnership with our clients to help them with all SEC reporting issues, correspondence with corporate partners and streamlining of organizational processes. Our group includes specialists in public and private financing, private equity and a variety of securitized debt structures. We have also helped with the formation and structuring of initial REIT organization, including private placements and public offerings.
The Brownstein Advantage
- Process standardization. Consistency is critical in proper REIT management. We are deeply experienced in standardizing acquisitions and dispositions on a large scale. We coordinate processes between in-house counsel and separate business representatives.
- Sound tax and business counsel. We bring significant corporate tax experience, as well a comprehensive understanding of the business initiatives that underlie REIT transactions. Our goal is to understand all of your taxation and business needs so that we can provide a truly comprehensive level of service.
- Depth of the practice. Very few firms can approach the size and capability of the Brownstein Real Estate practice. We are equipped to handle the largest clients in the most significant deals. Our range of specialties in real estate law is among the best in the nation.
- Collaborative partnership approach. From day one, we integrate our legal services with your business initiatives. We understand the market forces, the regulatory environment and the ever-changing nature of real estate law. We use all that understanding to collaborate with you on your real estate ambitions. This is more than a representative context; this is a true partnership model.
- Sophisticated service with efficient staffing. We operate with lean, efficient teams that get the job done well without wasting resources or passing along needless expenses to our clients. Key to our approach is our cadre of top notch para-professionals whose combined experience is some of the best in our industry.
© 2013. Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP. All Rights Reserved. Attorney Advertisement.