Experienced leadership in a multi-disciplinary environment
Our Stadiums & Arenas Group handles large-scale development projects involving stadiums and sports arenas. Recognized as leaders in the field for more than 30 years, we have worked on major projects involving teams in the NBA, NHL and NFL, as well as several auto racing venues. Our group deals with real estate issues that go into a stadium or arena project, including land use entitlements, water, sewer, electrical and vehicular access. We craft sponsorship agreements, sports league sanctioning rights and concession agreements, and naming rights. We have arranged a number of local television and radio broadcast rights for professional sports teams.
Every major stadium or arena project involves intimate cooperation with local municipalities and government agencies. The Stadiums & Arenas Group can help guide project owners through the regulation process, secure the necessary entitlements and oversee the implementation of public infrastructure matters. We are also experienced in finding and securing municipal financing from sources such as tax increment financing and special stadium districts.
The Brownstein Advantage
- Comprehensive real estate experience. When it comes to stadiums and arenas, we understand the process, how the revenue models work and how to interact with municipalities and government agencies. We’ve been doing this work for a long time at very high levels—we’ve seen all the curve balls that can be thrown.
- Understanding municipal finance. Most major stadium and arena projects require partnerships with local communities and public funding from municipal entities. We know how to find multiple sources of public funds and how to structure the financing terms. The firm’s Government Relations Group helps navigate the political waters to secure public financing and get the deals done quickly and on good terms.
- Leadership in multi-disciplinary environment. Our group carries a great deal of experience leading teams of multidisciplinary experts, which could include everyone from architects to land management specialists to water use experts. We can manage all those parties in the context of a large transaction and make sure the deal proceeds as it should.
- Reputation for getting things done. Clients come to us because we get results. Our ability to get deals across the finish line is unmatched.
- Critical industry and political relationships. We have longstanding relationships with government officers, agency regulators and business leaders. We advocate for our clients with local constituencies. We lobby government bodies. We find partnerships for you within the business community. Part of our work is putting people together so they can collaboratively accomplish great things.
© 2013. Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP. All Rights Reserved. Attorney Advertisement.