Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck is a unique law firm that operates at the intersection of business, law and politics. Based in Denver, Colorado, it has approximately 270 attorneys and policy professionals and more than 550 employees in 12 offices across the country, including Washington, DC, Los Angeles, and Las Vegas. We are seeking a Community Relations Manager to be located in the firm’s Denver office to oversee the firm's community relations programs. Reporting to the firm's Chief Operating Officer and working closely with the Directors of Business Development and Communications, this position will manage the firm's community giving program consistent with the firm’s deep commitment to the communities in which it practices.
- Assist with setting and managing the annual budget of $1.8 million for the firm’s charitable sponsorship donations across the firm’s offices
- Work with the firm’s attorneys to identify matches between skill-set, passion and community needs for non-profit board placement
- Manage all sponsorship and donation efforts for successful execution
- Review and process all charitable requests
- Oversee firm's volunteer Karma programs and Karma committees, generating enthusiasm and commitments for these programs. Serve as liaison to the non-profit community on behalf of the firm
- Collaborate with the pro-bono committee, professional development committee and other committees and department resources to coordinate programs
- Assist with design of educational outreach programs that facilitate communication between the firm and non-profit organizations
- Represent firm at community events
- The ideal candidate will have a passion for leading and inspiring others in community giving
- 5-7 years of experience in community relations in a corporate setting or development, marketing or communications experience in a non-profit setting
- Ability to regularly travel to the firm’s offices
- Strong relationships with multiple non-profits, including leadership and/or board positions
- Proven experience managing employee volunteer programs
- Ability to collaborate with resources and talent in different departments and offices in order to achieve objectives and meet deadlines
Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send resume and cover letter to Colleen Wheeler, Staff Recruiting Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.