Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, a national law firm of 250 attorneys and policy advisors, is seeking a Firmwide Billing and Collections Director. This role is an integral part of our firm’s finance department and will report to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
The Firmwide Billing and Collections Director will manage the full cycle billing and collections functions of the firm, and coordinate the time entry function. This will be done by enforcing the firm’s time entry and billing proforma policies with all timekeepers and billing shareholders, ensuring the timely billing of work in progress (WIP), correct application of cash receipts, reconciliation, monitoring and timely application of unallocated funds, and maximizing the cash collections of the firm. This individual will manage the firm’s Billing Manager and collections staff, and the billing staff indirectly as needed.
Additional responsibilities will be:
- Provide weekly, monthly, annual and ad hoc reporting to the firm’s CFO and members of firm management related to time entry, billing and collections, as well as areas of risk related to client receivables, and proposed recommended resolution
- Coordinate directly with billing shareholders on specific billing and collections issues including, but not limited to billing and collection arrangements, billing guidelines, e-billing requirements, and collection issues
- Prepare the Firmwide revenue budget by office and department, and monthly billing and collection projections throughout the year
- Provide leadership, training, and mentorship to the Billing and Collections Departments.
The successful candidate will possess top-notch leadership and interpersonal skills to communicate with a diverse group of individuals with courtesy, patience, and tact. We are seeking an individual with strong attention to detail and accuracy, strong organizational and prioritization skills, in addition to a natural customer service based demeanor, and a creative approach to process improvement.
Additional requirements for this role are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Minimum five years in a high-performance law firm billing and collections supervisory or managerial role
- Ability to read and interpret complex financial documents such as financial statements and budgets
If you are interested, qualified, and ready to join a motivated and hard-working finance department, please send your resume and salary requirements to Colleen Wheeler, Staff Recruiting Manager, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Relocation assistance available.