Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, a national law firm of 250+ attorneys based in Denver, has an immediate opening for an entry-level or junior paralegal to join our real estate department with in a group that specializes in real estate acquisitions, development, financing, and dispositions.
This is a wonderful opportunity for someone with entry-level experience and an interest in the real estate profession to gain first-hand experience with closing commercial real estate transactions. Responsibilities include: performing due diligence, review of title commitments and surveys, preparation of closing documents, and the coordination of closings and post-closing matters.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Assisting the paralegals in all aspects of closings, including administrative projects, preparation of signature page packets and updating closing checklists
- Corporate entity formation, drafting ancillary corporate documents, filing annual reports, obtaining EIN’s and updating corporate entity charts
- Managing document drop boxes and diligence sites
- Preparing closing binders
- Reviewing contracts, preparing timelines, and managing calendar reminders
- Updating project schedules, closing binder status charts, executed lease summaries, etc. on a weekly basis
- Organizing corporate documents and exhibits; organizing and compiling UCC search results with order charts and following up on search results
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Some real estate experience, either in a business or law firm environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- A self-starter, with the ability to multi-task independently and efficiently in order to meet all project deadlines
- The ability to manage a high volume of work while maintaining attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, in addition to strong overall computer knowledge
A bachelor's degree is required to qualify for this role, and a paralegal certificate is preferred, but not required. Our Firm offers a competitive salary (commensurate with experience), as well as a generous bonus structure based upon billable hour requirements.
Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send cover letter and resume to Colleen Wheeler, Staff Recruiting Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.