Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, a downtown Denver-based law firm, is currently seeking an experienced Real Estate Paralegal to assist a group of busy and dynamic attorneys that specialize in real estate acquisition, development, financing, and leasing of large portfolio transactions.
- Title and survey review, including all aspects of preparing title/survey objection letters and responses, obtaining zoning letters, working with surveyors and title officers on various survey or coverage issues and obtaining final approved surveys and title policies;
- Corporate work, including entity formation, registration, drafting corporate documents, obtaining EIN’s, managing entity summaries and ensuring entities remain compliant;
- Commercial closings, from contract execution through post-closing: reviewing contracts, preparing timelines and closing checklists, maintaining critical date schedules, preparing closing and transfer documents, coordinating all aspects of the closing with team attorneys, opposing counsel, clients, lenders, vendors and title company contacts, and handling all post-closing issues and following up on outstanding items;
- Retail Lease, lease amendment and lease abstract preparation
Additional duties include coordinating execution of documents, miscellaneous property research and due diligence projects, responding to various client requests, routine handling of correspondence, and the ability to follow through on multiple projects to ensure all deadlines are met for assigned transactions.
The ideal candidate will be an energetic self-starter with highly developed organizational and time management skills, and the ability to react quickly to changes as priorities are revised or reshaped in a fast-moving firm environment.
Minimum requirements include:
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience from within a law firm or in-house corporate law department;
- A bachelor’s degree and/or paralegal certificate;
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills;
- An intermediate level of technical proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and document management systems.
Salary is commensurate with experience, and BHFS offers a generous bonus structure based upon billable hours.
Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send resume and cover letter to Colleen Wheeler, Staff Recruiting Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.