Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, a downtown Denver law firm of 275 attorneys and policy professionals, is seeking a Proposal Specialist to join our marketing department.
Under the general supervision and direction of the Senior Director of Business Development and following prescribed department, office and firm procedures, the Proposal Specialist has the responsibility for the development and management of the firm’s content for proposals, pitch books, Requests for Proposals and Qualifications. The Proposal Specialist will also manage and maintain the firm’s processes and procedures for responding to RFPs, as well as for the collection and management of the firm’s experience.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop systems and processes to manage and support the various proposal and pitch workflow across the firms’ offices, in collaboration with the business development team. This includes acting as the primary point of contact for proposals and RFPs coming into the firm; managing the RFP/proposal process, initiating kick off calls, and participating in strategy sessions and document management.
- Draft proposal responses that address our clients’ needs; create new content for targeted pitch materials.
- Record and track all firm proposals and RFPs in a centralized system, including tracking and reporting win/loss statistics, and feedback and competitive analysis.
- Develop systems to support the proposal and pitch process needs specific to each of the regional offices and Business Development Directors.
- Build and maintain relationships with other departments that contribute to RFPs, such as Finance, Human Resources, and IT.
- Develop and manage process for collecting representative matters and legal experience obtained from proposals and from day-to-day interactions with attorneys, policy professionals and members of the Marketing Department.
- Manage the content library; oversee ongoing editorial maintenance and quality control of all materials used in RFPs, identify and/or create “best of the best” language for industries and practices and commonly requested firm information for formal proposals.
- Work with the business development team to ensure lawyers participate in post-pitch evaluations to obtain feedback and trend analysis.
- Help identify inefficiencies in the pitch process and develop plan(s) to address.
- Continuously look for new areas of growth and proactively help develop a strategy for identifying pursuits.
- Keep abreast of relevant market and competitive intelligence.
- Education: BA or BS degree required.
- Experience: 3-5 years of experience writing marketing materials, including proposals/RFPs, preferably in a professional services environment.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including strong writing and editing skills.
- Superior organizational and project management skills.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with AP style guidelines and relational databases.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Strong work ethic, service orientation and an ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers, office and firm management, and outside business partners.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and to use critique of work to improve performance.
- Ability to work on multiple projects, to work overtime as required, to deal with stress around deadlines and to set and enforce deadlines with lawyers and BD team.
- Commitment to the office and firm.
- Commitment to professional growth and development.
- Firm deadlines, quick turnaround times, and fluctuating workloads are common for this position. The ideal candidate will be able to handle these challenges with grace and confidence and work the hours required to be successful.
- Demonstrated critical thinking, creativity and technical skills.
- Ability to handle assignments independently and follow-through to completion, meeting tight deadlines.
- Possess a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to learn new technologies.
Please send cover letter, writing sample, and resume to Colleen Wheeler at email@example.com.