Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck practices in the areas of corporate, natural resources, real estate, public policy and litigation. The firm, once referred to by the New York Times as “one of the most powerful firms in the West…,” has more than 250 attorneys and legislative consultants in offices across the western US and in Washington, DC, and Atlantic City. The firm works in industries ranging from gaming, hospitality, water, energy, health care, real estate, private equity and telecommunications, to technology, construction, banking and finance.
The firm seeks a Marketing Coordinator to cover our firm’s Santa Barbara and surrounding offices. While this position is responsible for more than one office, primary focus is on Santa Barbara. This Marketing Coordinator role will report to the firm’s California Business Development & Marketing Director as well as work closely with members of the broader Business Development and Communications teams.
- Development of proposals, pitches and responses to RFPs.
- Support coordination of Santa Barbara events, both internal and external with event planning, email campaigns, attendance and day of execution. Will support additional CA offices as needed.
- Work with business development team on tracking opportunities, prospects and activities.
- Track successes, referrals and business development opportunities using Representative Matters and Microsoft Dynamics BDP database.
- Execution and maintenance of electronic marketing communications including website updates (bios, releases, articles, publications, presentations) and the CA office’s water blog. .
- Coordinate business development and community relations sponsorship, memberships and conference attendance including BDP input, table/event coordination and business case and approval form submissions for geography relevant participation.
- Coordination of special projects including market rankings and award nominations.
- Coordinate and compile the California e-newsletter and digital communications screens with input from LA Coordinator.
- Coordinate with Director of Communications and media relations team on proactive media pitches, news release development, external visibility (conferences, speaking engagements), client alerts and internal communications relevant to Santa Barbara.
- Weekly attendance in land-use and water group business development meetings (taking notes and following up with individuals as necessary).
- Support of research and business development efforts in select practice groups.
- 3-5 years of experience in legal or professional services marketing
- Knowledge of Santa Barbara and/or Los Angeles community, businesses and markets
- Demonstrated strength in interacting and communicating with colleagues at all levels
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented, strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to prioritize and see projects through to completion in fast-paced work environment
- Knowledge of CRM and other database management programs
- Strong aptitude in Microsoft Office applications including strong Excel skills
- Knowledge of WordPress, Wix, Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Some travel for event execution and training is required
- Degree in marketing, communications or business is required
Please send cover letter and resume to Colleen Wheeler, Staff Recruiting Manager at email@example.com.