As one of the top three lobbying firms in Washington, Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP (BHFS) represents a diverse set of public and private corporations, trade associations, partnerships, and nonprofits on a variety of matters before the federal government. Our government relations practice is comprised of a bipartisan and bicameral cadre of lobbyists, policy professionals, and strategic advisors who have spent decades in Washington working on high profile legislative and regulatory issues. Our team includes individuals who have served at the highest levels of government.
Brownstein is accepting applications for the Spring 2020 and Summer 2020 internship programs from students with an interest in politics, government, advocacy, or law.
Our interns support the firm’s government relations activities by:
- Covering congressional hearings for clients;
- Writing policy updates for clients;
- Tracking legislation and regulations;
- Researching business development opportunities; and
- Assisting with other research and writing projects as they arise.
In addition to being paid a wage of $16/hour, interns can expect to receive the following benefits:
- Gain practical work experience in public policy;
- Develop a deeper understanding of advocacy;
- Strengthen your resume;
- Prepare yourself for the job market; and
- Network with professionals in Washington.
Applicants must be enrolled in a college or university, while also maintaining a 3.2 GPA or higher. Capitol Hill or equivalent public policy experience is preferred, but not required.
Fall and spring candidates must be able to commit three full days out of the week to the internship. Summer interns are full-time. Brownstein’s office hours are 9 AM to 6 PM, with a one-hour lunch break, and interns are expected to be with us for the entirety of the day.
Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and writing sample, and should indicate their availability in their email and/or cover letter. Application materials and any questions should be addressed and sent to Micaela Arneson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadlines for Submission:
- Fall Semester 2019 (September – December): Brownstein is still accepting resumes and writing samples through Wednesday, September 25.
- Spring Semester 2020 (January – April): November 1, 2019
- Summer Semester 2020 (May-July): March 1, 2020
- Fall Semester 2020 (September – December): July 1, 2020
Brownstein is an equal opportunity employer.