|J.D., 1968, University of California Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law|
|B.A., 1965, Yale University|
Nevada's Most Influential Citizens, Nevada Business Journal, 2010
Las Vegas Gaming Lawyer of the Year, Best Lawyers, 2012
Best Lawyers in America, 2005-2013
Chambers USA, America’s Leading Business Lawyers, Gaming & Licensing in Nevada, 2005-2013
Lawdragon, Leading Lawyers in America, 2005-2011
Legal Elite, Nevada Business Journal, 2008-2011
National Law Journal Achiever, 1994
Nevada’s Best Gaming Lawyer, Nevada Business Journal, 1998
Super Lawyers, Mountain States, 2007-2012
Frank is chair of the firm's Gaming Law Group and has personally represented many premier public and private gaming companies. With nearly 40 years of experience, his work revolves around licensing matters and all other aspects of regulatory compliance. His clients include Apollo/TPG, Caesars Entertainment, Wynn Resorts, MGM Resorts International, Pinnacle Entertainment, Station Casinos, Penn National Gaming, Inc., The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, bwin.party Digital Entertainment plc, William Hill plc, Credit Suisse, Goldman Sachs, WMS Industries, and Treasure Island Hotel and Casino. Frank has also represented Steve Wynn, Marvin Davis, Ronald O. Perelman, Carl Icahn, Sumner Redstone, Leon Black and David Bonderman.
In addition to representing his clients’ gaming interests in Nevada, Frank has coordinated the licensing of Apollo Management and Texas Pacific Group in the purchase of Harrah's Entertainment, Inc., and Fortress Investment Group in the purchase of Penn International, Inc., throughout the United States. He also participates in gaming-related matters in Japan, Macau, Puerto Rico, Spain and Great Britain.
Frank is a former member of the Nevada Gaming Commission. He previously served in leadership roles at the International Association of Gaming Attorneys. Among other positions, he was president and chairman of the 4th International Association of Gaming Attorneys Conference in Vienna, Austria in 1990.
- Coordinated and supervised obtaining license and other regulatory approval process in more than 15 US jurisdictions for Apollo Management and TPG to enable these private equity firms to acquire Harrah’s Entertainment, Inc. in a $32 billion transaction.
- Coordinated and supervised obtaining the license and other regulatory approvals in more than 22 US jurisdictions for Fortress Investment Group to purchase Penn National, Inc. in a $19 billion transaction which was subsequently terminated after the receipt of most of the regulatory approvals.
- Served as regulatory counsel for Wynn Resorts, Inc., and Mr. Stephen A. Wynn, in seeking all required regulatory approvals for the Wynn and Encore Resort Hotels.
- Served as local and regulatory counsel to Ruffin Acquisition, LLC on its $775 million acquisition of the equity interest of Treasure Island, LLC, owner of the Treasure Island Resort on the Las Vegas Strip.
- Served as local and regulatory counsel for William Hill, PLC in its recent licensing to purchase three separate Nevada Race and Sports book companies.
- Served as regulatory counsel to bwin.party digital entertainment plc, in filing its Interactive Service Provider application and regulatory advise in the negotiation of Joint Venture agreements with MGM International and Boyd Gaming Group.
- Served as gaming counsel for Deutsch Bank in creating a licensing structure and then obtaining the appropriate gaming licenses and approvals for The Cosmopolitan at Las Vegas.
- Served as gaming counsel for the acquisition and licensing of private equity firms TPG and Leonard Green & Partners in their acquisition of The Palms Hotel and Casino.
Publications & Presentations
© 2013. Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP. All Rights Reserved. Attorney Advertisement.