We are opportunity-makers. Together, we create possibilities for our colleagues to succeed because we aren’t afraid to innovate along the way. Brownstein is a place where excellence thrives, diversity inspires and relationships bind. We provide the tools, resources and opportunities needed to shape your own path to success. We share a passion for supporting our colleagues, our clients and our community. Are you ready to join us?
By The Numbers
- Founded in 1968
- More than 500 employees in 13 offices
- 275 attorneys and legislative consultants
- 10,400 pro bono hours performed in 2019
- 70% of the attorneys and policy consultants at Brownstein sit on boards for nonprofit and civic organizations
- 440 nonprofit organizations supported through various contributions, including monetary and volunteer
- Achieved Mansfield Rule Certification in 2019, which included LGBTQ+ lawyers in addition to women and attorneys of color, tracked formal pitch opportunities and required enhanced transparency in firm nomination and election processes.
- Signed on to participate in the Mansfield Rule 3.0 in 2020, which includes attorneys with disabilities in addition to women, attorneys of color and LGBTQ+ lawyers.
- Received a score of 100 percent on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2020 Corporate Equality Index, the nation’s premier benchmarking survey and report measuring corporate policies and practices related to LGBTQ workplace equality.
- Committed to participate in the American Bar Association's Well-Being Pledge Campaign.
- Named to Working Mother’s 2019 “Best Law Firms for Women” list.
- Ranked No. 5 on The American Lawyer’s 2019 A-List: Female Equity Partner Scorecard, which ranks the Am Law 200 by the percentage of women in their equity tiers. Women make up 28 percent of the firm’s equity shareholders.
- 57 attorneys were selected by their peers for inclusion in the 2020 edition of Best Lawyers in America.
- The 2019 Chambers USA Guide ranked 30 Brownstein attorneys among the best in their respective fields.
- Ranked No. 68 in the American Lawyer’s 2019 National Pro Bono Rankings among the top 200 law firms in the nation for 2018 performance.
- No. 152 on the American Lawyer’s 2019 Am Law 200 Rankings.
- Recognized by WomenInc. Magazine as one of its 2019 "Top 100 Law Firms for Women."
- Received a score of 100% on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2020 Corporate Equality Index.